à¤िडियो हेर्न तलको बक्स à¤ित्र क्लिक गर्नुहोस
Born on October 4 1993 in Hyesan - a notoriously cold river port along North Korea’s 850-mile northern border with China - she said:
'I was abducted at birth, even before I knew the words freedom or human rights.'
She added: 'No humans deserve to be oppressed just because of their birth place.'
eonmi revealed that only one channel is aired on TV in the closed-off country which, like films, can only be used there as a tool for propaganda.
'North Koreans are being terrorised today. When I was growing up, I never saw anything about love stories between men and women...there is no Romeo and Juliet.'
At 9 years old, she recalls being invited to watch the mother of her friend be publicly shot for a freedom exercised everyday in the Western world:
'Her crime? Watching a Hollywood movie.'
Learning a vital life lesson at the age of four - to not even dare to whisper - the brave escapee recalls a childhood of paranoia as she feared the regime could ‘read my mind’.
She goes on to explain that the repercussions of criticising the dictatorship could result in three generations of a family being locked up in prison, tortured or even killed.
Meanwhile, her road to freedom was equally traumatising, as she describes escaping through the Gobi Desert by following a compass and then ‘the stars to freedom’ when it broke.

No comments:
Post a Comment